Sunday 18 September 2011


Hi all,

A long time between updates but I hope you will forgive since this is a part-time after hours endeavour and not my real job and I had to complete the Newsletter for the Victorian N Scale Collective.  I also missed the AMRM deadline as well, bugger!

I am very pleased with the decals I had screen printed for the Aircon and CE vans.  These match Steam Era Yellow and as a result I also screen printed a number Loco Chevrons as well.  Now I just need to pack them.  These new decals are compatible even with more aggressive decal softeners like Solvaset.

Just Released are the 71ft Air-conditioned AE/BE/BES/BG series Passenger cars.  So far I’m doing a very limited run of each car (15 of each type) so that I can catch up on other projects. Some kits are already running low as members of the Victorian N Scale Collective had first option on the units at the meeting held at my place last weekend. Kits $45.00 each, bogies $10.00 per pair but only a few remain. You could substitute a Microtrains 1017 as an alternative 4-whell bogie.

4 different panel versions covering the 'AE' 'BE' and BG
Kit 1: 52AE (First & Economy) 51AE/BE (First) 12AE (First)
Kit 2: Matchstick lower panels 4BE, 31BE & 34BE (Economy) 51AE/BE (First)
Kit 3: 50BE & 50BES (Economy) 50AE (First)
Kit 4: 1BG (Economy)



Another new addition to the range is the Twin DCC holder.  $12.00


After using one of these myself I just had to get them for others, as they are a real boon to applying glue in just the right amounts to wooden kits.  Introducing the “Ultrafine Glue Applicator”.  You can lay down a line of glue the width of a pen stroke on your kits.  Great for adding a line of glue up the inside when mating walls together etc.

Only $8.00

The CE will be available in the coming months.

WT

With the warmer weather is approaching I hope to make the moulds for the WT next week and then begin casting.

The kit will feature brass etched components and cast water tank that sits upon a Peco NR121 underframe included in the kit.  Ten numbers will be available on the decal sheet featuring both lettering positions.

The expanded line of line side details ranges has proved to be very popular with modellers wanting to details their layouts.  I have had many comments about the signs used on my layout ‘Wallan’ and decided to make these and other available.  Each is printed on High Quality Silk Cardstock using state of the art Laser equipment printing at very high resolutions.  Also featured on the enamel signs is the correct reverse side enamelled finish.  All are priced at $4.00 per set.
SD014: 48 “Beware of Trains” and “Trespassers Prosecuted” signs.
SD015: 30 Railway Career and Travel posters seen hanging on station platforms.
SD016: 37 different enamel signs from our past.
SD017: 27 Modern signs. Eg KFC, Esso, Holden etc.
SD018: Railway Timetable posters featuring singles, doubles and triple notice boards plus chalkboards and “Notice” to passenger boards.
SD019: 56 “Miles to Griffiths Bros Teas” signs in 28 mileage versions.

A number of fellow modellers are chasing me to finish the Victorian Railways “DR’s” Departmental Residences so I will try and get these out as I have already completed 3 types of toilets and wash sheds.



A future product shown recently to others has been the 3-stall roundhouse.

Expressions of interest needed to keep on developing this. It will have a removal roof to aid in cleaning tracks.

Remember my new Post Office.

Please replace my current details you have with this new address.

Spirit Design
PO Box 192
Lynbrook 3975

Well I hope this update was useful to your modelling needs and if want to see a particular kit or line side detail please drop me an email.  chrispearce@spiritdesig.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment